From the office of the international fairs in 1964 , to the national office of fairs and exhibitions in 1971, it was finally transformed in 1990 to the Algerian Fairs and exportation Company SAFEX
The stages of the company’s development are:
- 1964-creation of the office of the international fair of algiers on june 8th ,1964
- 1965-dissolution of the office of the international fair of Algiers on february 19th,its assets and liabilities were alloted in the Algerian chamber of trade and industry that will create an internal section in charge of the international fair.
- 1970-inauguration of the exhibitions center (located at les pins Maritimes)on september 11th ,1970by the president Houari Boumediene for the 7th edition of the Algiers international fair.(construction works started in 1967by the architectural office of the Beijing city).
- 1971-creation of the national office of fairs and exhibitions(ONAFEX )on december 29th ,1971,whose mission was to manage the exhibitions center and organize the FIA as well as the participation of Algeria in abroad exhibitions .ONAFEX created and organized the Mouggar of Tindouf,the Assihar of Tamanrasset and the Ghardaia national crafts industry fair(FNAT).
- 1987- merger of CNCE and ONAFEX dated on march 3rd ,1987,to give birth to the national office of fairs and exports(with same abbreviation onafex).
- 1989-the Algerien company of the fairs exports moved on to become autonomous on november 6th,1989,appointed then the EPE ONAFEX SPA ,endowed with a share capital of DZD 5 million .
-1990 in December ,following the amendment of its statutes ,the company took the current nameEPE SAFEX SPA ,with the following missions ;
- Organization of trade fairs , specialized trade fairs and national exhibition.
- Organization of the Algerian participation in fairs and exhibitions abroad,as part of the governmental agenda.
- Management and operation of the exhibition center infrastructures.
-2010-in november 28th, SAFEX was finally transformed into a non affiliated epe/spa ,under the guardianship of the ministry of trade.